Please read before entering Cost Information:
Selecting: Enter or Calculate Cost Per Serving Column and N/A Functionality
Enter- The user will select this if they only want to enter the cost in the Cost per Serving column (This also means that the user must complete calculations on their own to determine the Cost per Serving for the specific menu item)
Calculate- The user will select this if they have the Inventory Unit, Servings per Inventory Unit and Cost per Inventory Unit so that the system can calculate the Cost per Serving column for them
N/A- The user will select this if there is no cost to collect, therefore it will not require that you complete the following columns: Cost per Serving, Inventory Unit, Servings per Inventory Unit, and Cost per Inventory Unit
Value of Commodities per Inventory Unit Column
If the menu item is a commodity item, enter the Commodity Value for the item in the Value of Commodities per Inventory Unit.
A la Carte Sales Price Column
Determine if there should be an A la Carte price for menu items, and enter into the column.
Projected Average Cost Per Meal Column
This will only calculate if menu costs have been entered into the Cost per Serving column, or calculated from the Inventory Unit, Servings per Inventory Unit and Cost per Inventory Unit or if N/A was selected from the Enter or Calculate Cost per Serving column.
Adding Cost Data
1. Once in the correct menu, click the “View Cost Data” button
2. There are two ways to enter cost data: Enter or Calculate. You can change between “Enter” and “Calculate” by clicking the drop down menu by each item.
Highlighted boxes are required.
Notice when “Calculate” is selected, you must enter the Inventory Unit, Servings Per Inventory Unit, and the Cost per Inventory Unit. When “Enter” is selected, you would enter the cost per individual serving.
3. You can enter cost by Recipe or by Individual item.
- When entering cost by recipe, on the Recipe-Entrée or Recipe line, choose either “Enter” or “Calculate”, then select “N/A” for the other line items that are part of that recipe.
-If you choose to enter cost by line item, choose “N/A” for the Recipe-Entrée or Recipe line and choose either “Calculate” or “Enter” for the additional lines.
3. Once all information is entered, click the “Save and Recalculate” button
Note: The Projected average cost per meal will only appear when all items have a cost per serving entered
4. Once all cost information has been entered and saved, a Projected Average Cost per Meal will appear
Note: If you change the cost of a menu item, you must click the “Save and Recalculate” button in order for the new average cost to be projected
5. Switch between days by clicking the day tabs at the top of the menu, just like the nutrient portion of the menu. To switch back to the nutrient assessment menu, click the “View Nutrient Data” button
6. The projected average cost per meal will be displayed
**Please refer to the PDF below.
Article updated 12/2015.
NOTICE: This document contains privileged and confidential information and is the sole property of inTEAM Associates, LLC. The procedures, technology specifications, operational practices, and any other recommendations contained in this document are intended for the sole purpose of instructing on the usage of the Decision Support Toolkit, and may not be used for any other purpose without the express written permission of inTEAM Associates. Copyright inTEAM Associates LLC. 2012 Terms and conditions apply.