CN Central contains a database of all USDA Standardized Recipes that are available to all users.
1. From the home screen, click on the “Menu Compliance” tab then locate the desired menu and click the “Edit” hyperlink
2. Click the “Add New Item” button located on the bottom of the daily menu
3. Select “Recipe - Entrée using Calculator” from the drop-down list
4. Enter a key word in the Recipe Name or Combo Name column and click the plus sign button. A menu will pop up containing all USDA Standardized Recipes that contain the key word you entered. Click to select the desired recipe
5. Edit the Planned # of Servings column if necessary and click the “Save” button
6. All recipe ingredients and components will get populated into your menu
7. The USDA Standardized Recipe will also get added to your list of Recipe Yield Calculators. You can view/edit this recipe, including all recipe instructions, at any time by clicking on the “Recipe Yield Calculator” hyperlink, locating the appropriate recipe, and clicking the “Edit” hyperlink
Note: The USDA Recipes include all possible ingredients as listed in the original recipe. However, some ingredients are considered “optional ingredients” for the recipe while others can be “alternative ingredients”. These ingredients have been noted with an asterisk. You should review the recipe and all ingredients to ensure recipe accuracy for your operation.
You can edit and delete any ingredients in the Recipe Yield Calculator but you cannot delete or edit individual ingredients from inside your menu.
If you do make a change to the Recipe Yield Calculator, you will need to delete the recipe from your menu, re-locate it in your menu by clicking the “Add New Item” button, selecting “Recipe – Entrée using Calculator, and entering the recipe name into the search bar to add the edited recipe to your menu. The edited recipe will show up as a copy of the recipe and the name will be “Copy of USDA – Recipe Name”.
Article updated 1/2019.
NOTICE: This document contains privileged and confidential information and is the sole property of inTEAM Associates, LLC. The procedures, technology specifications, operational practices, and any other recommendations contained in this document are intended for the sole purpose of instructing on the usage of the Decision Support Toolkit, and may not be used for any other purpose without the express written permission of inTEAM Associates. Copyright inTEAM Associates LLC. 2012 Terms and conditions apply.