A video tutorial of performing this function may be viewed from the link at the bottom of this article.
The video explains the following functions in CNCentral v6:
- How to edit menu items to enter additional information
- How to change your planned number of servings for each menu item
- How to associate side items with entrees for complex menu planning
- How to edit the calculated vegetable and fruit offerings
- How to delete menu items
Written instructions on each of these functions are below:
Edit Menu Items
- Click on the item name or the three dots off to the right hand side of the screen and select "Edit"
- Make the necessary edits to the Menu Item Info, Nutrients & Meal Components, or Cost & Inventory tabs
- Click "Save" to save all changes
Change Planned Number of Servings
*Your planned number of servings is the total number of servings of each item you plan to prepare on a particular operating day
- Click on the "Planned Number" open field next to the corresponding entree, side, milk, or miscellaneous
- Enter the new planned number of servings
- Click the check mark icon to save your changes
Associating Side Items With Entrees
*Associating side items with entrees allows you to plan complex menus where certain side items are only served with certain entrees. For instance, if you serve multiple lines each with different sides and entrees and students can only select items from the line they are in, this is a complex menu plan and is supported in CNCentral v6.
- Locate the side item you'd like to associate with an entree and click the "Associated Entrees" drop down menu of the corresponding item
- Select from the list of entrees the entree you'd like to associate the side with
- Click the "Apply" button to save your changes
Editing Vegetable and Fruit Offerings
- Click on the "Edit Daily Offerings" hyperlink under the calculated fruit and vegetable offerings
- Edit the vegetable minimum (including juice), vegetable maximum (including juice) or vegetable juice maximum as necessary
- Edit the fruit minimum (including juice), fruit maximum (including juice) or fruit juice maximum as necessary
- Click the "Save" button to save your changes
Deleting Menu Items
- Click on the three dots off to the right hand side of the screen and select "Delete"
- Click the "Delete" button to confirm the change