The GDSN Database has thousands of products frequently used in K-12 food service. However, the number of products in the database is limited by the number of product manufacturers that are publishing their GTIN data to GDSN. If you search for an item to add to your item database and you are unable to locate it from the list of items in the GDSN database, you'll can manually enter that item or speak to an inTEAM consultant and they can assist in reaching out to a supplier to get that item added to GDSN.
To manually enter an item, please follow the steps below:
- Log on to CNCentral
- Go to your Item Database tab
- Click on the blue plus sign button on the bottom right hand side of the screen. When provided the option, click the Add New Item button
- Enter the item name, select a meal session (if the item is served at breakfast and lunch, choose Any from the drop down list), enter a weight and or measure for a single serving, select the meal components the item contributes toward from the drop down list, enter the required nutrition info, select allergens from the drop down list, then click Save & Continue.
- Enter any additional information you'd like under the Item Name and Product Info sections from the Item Info tab. It's recommended at minimum to enter a Brand Name and a Manufacturer for auditing purposes. Enter a GTIN number for the product if you have one.
- Review the Nutrients & Meal Components tab, the Cost & Inventory tab, and the Preparation tab and enter any additional information you'd like. Click Save when complete.